This is the question, but what exactly is eating raw? Is it good or not? Should it be a lifestyle or better only as a diet? Is it helpful or does it only make a skeleton out of our body?
Human is the only creature that cooks his food; some of us say that cooking our food helped our brain to reach this complexity. Others say that our ancestors about 40,000 years ago made a serious step back for humanity when they made the first cooked food. They think that was the point when our nutrition rules are changed and that led us to a serious ruin on the field of nutrition, such as problems like heart diseases.
What is this raw diet all about?
Those, who are following raw diet, only eat vegetables, fruits, sprouts, oily nuts and seeds, cereals, and beans that were not cooked. And at the beginning, they feel so energetic, their skin looks healthier, they have better digestion, lose weight, and have better blood circulation.
They only warm the food up for a maximum of 48ºCelsius (118.40ºF), because enzymes can only stay in a useful form that way and it helps absorb the nutrition. The traditionally cooked foods like: cereals and legumes need to be steeped or oil-steeped. These processes preserve the stability of the vegetables’ enzymes, protein, and vitamin or natural fat content, and they will be easily digestible.
Vegetables and fruits can be dried out as well, and then it will be possible to create cakes and breads. We can also grind these dried out materials too. Because this diet only suggests fruits, vegetables, oily seeds, beans, seaweed, fresh leaves, and clean water, it therefore includes less unsaturated fatty acid.
This menu contains a high level of fiber, potassium, magnesium, and folic acid. Have these for a healthy body.
Benefits - in a periodic diet
- Radical healing process in the short run
- Doesn’t cause serious health damages and deficiency diseases with good care
- Strong detoxifying effect
- Increasing energy at the beginning
- Weight loss
- Better digestion
- Helps avoid heart disease
- Reduces settling in the vessel wall and in the intestine
- Lots of antioxidants in our body helps prevent cancer and delays the aging process
- Alkalizing our body
Disadvantages - if this is a lifestyle
- Due to the lack of fat, our body is not able to absorb the vitamins
- Protein is running out from under our skin
- Our skin becomes like a parchment, thin, translucent, and very dry
- The teeth and the gums are destroyed because of plenty of fruit acid and raw materials
- Vitamin D deficit
- Underfed with a feeling of full belly
- Serious and dangerous mood swings, depression, emotional lability, crying without a reason
- Insulin resistance
- Hormone disorder
- Thyroid disorder
- Cold feet and hand
- Hair loss
- Weak bones
- Muscle loss
- Skin diseases
The full raw diet for long term is not healthy based on the latest scientific researches.
But eating a lot of fresh and raw food is suggested every time. As I often mention, always try to see that we are all different; what works for some of us, does not work for others.
Follow your body, live in moderation, and take from everything. We don’t need to suffer to be healthy.